Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bedtime & Ohio weather

Sometimes Will hates bedtime.  Which makes me hate bedtime.

Since he was a baby, we've always just laid him down to put him asleep.  We'll put on some music, give him his bear, and he'll generally go to sleep without any problems.  I never wanted to rock him to sleep just because I didn't want him to get into a routine such as that.  Now, since he's older, if he's having problems going to sleep, I'll rock him for a few minutes, but even to this day, that's it.

Here in Ohio, we had almost two weeks of awesome weather.  Will LOVED it.  He loves being outside.  Which is great for me, too.  He's at a point now that I love to just wear him out, so he takes a good nap and goes to bed without a hitch.  For the past week, however.  It's been cold.  Like in thirties.  Needless to say, he's been inside the whole time.  And he's restless.

Canon(our dog) does this thing.  When he knows we're getting ready to put him out, he'll start eating.  Which works on us every time.  "Because," Robby reasons. "If he's eating, we just can't put him outside!" Canon has mastered this.  He knows.  And now, I think Will picks up on it.  It doesn't matter if Will has ate supper, 2nd dinner, 3rd dinner and a dessert... even if he was perfectly fine 30 seconds earlier and I say it's his bedtime, somehow he's magically starving.  He knows I can't argue with that.  So I'll give him food that he won't eat just to delay his bedtime ten minutes.  He's sneaky like that.

He hates bedtime because recently he's gotten attached to Robby.  Seriously.  Like at. the. hip.  He screams and throws a fit when he has to go into work and constantly throughout the day always says "Momma.  Bye bye with Dada?" Robby's schedule at church is super busy and so many nights, I put Will to bed by myself.  Which is when Will throws a bigger fit than usual about not wanting to sleep.  I just put him down, but he's not sleeping.  He's asked for more food, a second bath, and to feed Canon.  All to just  not go to bed!!  Crazy.  What I think is funniest about Will not wanting to sleep at bedtime, is that he sleeps everywhere.  Seriously.

In the car...

One planes...

On the floor...

Shopping...

Even at the beach...

Now, I know all you other moms are going to tell me not to complain because your children don't fall asleep anywhere and I should be happy with Will's usual 7 p.m. bedtime and sleeping 12-13 hours at night.  Don't get me wrong.  I know I am lucky.  Just some nights, it's frustrating.  This night in particular.  :)

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment